Scrum Manager and IT Project Manager
- Employer: IA Financial Services Inc.
- Office: 2200, McGill College Avenue
- City: Montreal
- Province: Quebec
- Job category: Project Management - Information Technology
- Job ID: JR10000389
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
The incumbent is responsible for organizing, managing and coordinating the activities of the projects under his/her leadership, ensuring effective communication between and collaboration of all project stakeholders, and contributing to the development and documentation of the project strategy and overall plan. The incumbent must also control the scope, deadlines and budgets for the work carried out.
- Manages, plans, organizes, directs and controls activities and deadlines for projects that support a medium- or large-scale business plan, department or organization
- Manages priorities
- Contributes to identifying issues related to the use of the proposed IT architecture as it pertains to client needs
- Validates, approves and monitors the deliverables of the external supplier
- Provides an estimate of required resources, builds the team, assigns tasks, and coordinates assignments
- Contributes to choosing and evaluating internal and external project resources
- Identifies the material and informational resources required for the proper functioning of the implementation team
- Manages project risks and unanticipated issues, develops an action plan, and acts when a risk or unanticipated issue occurs
- Supervises impact and cost-benefit analyses and validates the results
- Interprets the results and recommends adjustments to project scopes and solutions to be developed
- Monitors project progress and makes sure project orientations are respected
- Guarantees the quality of deliverables, and makes sure normative and methodological implementation frameworks are respected
- Validates change requests and submits them for approval, ensures unresolved issues are resolved and deliverables are approved
- Guarantees efficient communication between all project stakeholders (internal, external, partners, suppliers, sub-contractors, etc.)
- Advises and supports clients in the development and negotiation of agreements with internal project partners
- Monitors project management arrangements
- Degree in computer science
- Minimum of six years’ experience in IT, including three years in project management
- Demonstrate planning, organization, control and communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Agility and the scrum framework
- Demonstrate excellent leadership and be seen as an excellent mobilizer
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Bilingual (verbal and written)
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.