Branch Administrator Assistant
- Employer: iA Securities
- City: Montréal
- Job category: Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: J1217-0865
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewDo you want to work for an established and growing Canadian company in our Quebec City, Montreal or Toronto offices, or in one of the service points in our extensive Canada-wide network?
iA Securities (iAS) is a brokerage firm which offers equities, bonds and pooled investment funds to institutional and retail clients.
Our network of investment advisors supports and guides clients in their investment decisions. We also offer securities trading consulting and research services with respect to capital markets and institutional financing.
A member of iA Financial Group, iAS is led by an experienced team, driven by a desire to serve our clients with professionalism while conducting business in accordance with the highest industry standards.
Branch Administrator Assistant is responsible for supporting Branch Managers, providing operational and administrative support to the Branch Managers as they oversee aspects of branch operations and assist with compliance supervision administration.
Specifically, you will:
1. Provide administrative support by:
• Preparing Branch Review documentation and presentation materials, as requested by Branch Managers
• Preparing meeting agendas and meeting materials and documents
• Preparing pre-audit questionnaires and reports for semi-annual visits performed by Branch Managers
• Assuming responsibility for the physical preparation and appearance of documentation, which may include photocopying and binding of materials, as needed
• Maintaining office filing systems
• Maintain a log for all incoming and outgoing mail through courier
• Answering telephones, communicating messages clearly
• Translate documents from English to French
• Arranging conference calls (audio/visual)
• Preparing backup assistance to other support staff on an as-needed basis
• Call Mutual Fund companies to verify details on specific funds and how trades were processed, as requested by Branch Managers
• Scan and save all documentation that comes through the office (including client documentation)
• Scan and email approved documentation to Head Office on behalf of each Branch Manager
2. Provide operational support by:
• Assisting with branch review activities
• Following up with branch administrative staff on outstanding queries and related items
• Drafting letters and correspondence
• Assisting the transition and migration team with the onboarding of new recruits
• Participating in special projects
• Respond to advisors and their staff regarding their questions on administrative issues
• Find solutions to pending items on behalf of advisors by dealing with different head office departments
• Follow up with departments when responses have not been received
3. Contribute to the effective functioning of the branch team by:
• Building effective working relationships across the team and with various business line and corporate function contacts
• Maintaining a high level of customer service
• Facilitating a culture of open and honest communication
• Actively participating and contributing to touch bases and team meetings
• Encouraging the generation of new ideas and approaches
• Actively sharing knowledge and experience to enhance the development of all team members
• Developing and executing a meaningful employee development plan
• College Diploma in Administration or other ;
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position or experience in the financial services industry, full service brokerage and or mutual fund work environment ;
• Must be bilingual (excellent spoken and written English and French);
• Intermediate/Advanced Skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word) ;
• Strong organizational and management skills ;
• Experience in branch review/audit planning and preparation are an asset ;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills ;
• Able to translate documents from English to French;
• Ability to take initiative and work independently ;
• Ability to meet deadlines ;
• Experience in account administration.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.