- Employer: iA Clarington Investments
- City: Toronto
- Job category: Business Administration, Finance and Accounting
- Job ID: J1018-0397
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewWe are iA Clarington
And we will be invested in you
As one of Canada’s leading investment management companies, iA Clarington brings clarity, integrity and commitment to a complicated global investment landscape. We believe passionately in the value of active management, the investment products we deliver, and the importance of maintaining unwavering attention to both the big picture and the smallest details. Home to a number of highly respected portfolio management teams, together, we earn the trust of advisors and investors by bringing diverse investment views forward through our broad selection of offerings.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc. - Canada’s fourth-largest life and health insurance company - iA Clarington offers a wide range of investment products, including actively managed mutual funds, managed portfolio solutions and socially responsible investments.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for supporting the annual forecast, budget and 5 year outlook process, monthly and quarterly financial reporting, and completing analysis required for management reporting.
The incumbent ensures that all financial reports are prepared in accordance with IFRS and regulatory requirements. The reports are prepared using policies, procedures and processes that are compatible with those of the IA Group.
Annual Forecast, Budget and 5 Year outlook:
• Assist in the completion of the annual forecast, budget and 5 year outlook by collecting and analyzing financial results; maintain and update supporting schedules
• Assist with preparing and supporting the CFO’s reporting and presentation to the board of directors for budget and 5 year outlook
Financial Reporting and Analysis:
• Provide detailed analysis on management expense ratios, trailer fees, deferred sales commissions and other material balances including explanation on variances to budget
• Assist with preparing the monthly reporting package which includes reconciliation of sales and average assets; completion of P&L, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flow
• Work closely with the Corporate Finance team to resolve discrepancies
• Prepare investment balances and prepare monthly OCI journal entries
• Quarterly reporting includes competitive benchmarking, analysis of results compared to plan, and preparing schedules for board meetings
Other Reporting and Analysis:
• Assist with preparing Monthly Management Overview Report
• Assist with preparing monthly working capital calculation for regulatory reporting to AMF (NI31-103)
• Performance fee calculation
• Other ad-hoc as requested by Senior Management
• Ensure accuracy and reliability of financial information, quality of presentation, with respect to IFRS and corporate accounting policies and internal controls
• Education: Undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting
• Designations: CPA, CA , CMA, or CGA designation / candidate
• Experience: the successful candidate will have over 1-2 years of experience in finance and the mutual fund industry (or financial services), an accounting designation (or current enrolment), financial analysis experience
• Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Solid understanding of financial accounting and reporting under IFRS
• Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and able to meet multiple deadlines
• Efficient, organized and able to produce high quality work under pressure and in a timely fashion
• Strong inter-personal skills and teamwork
• Strong written and communication skills
• Excellence in problem solving
iA Financial Group is committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.