Co-op Student - Client Relations Specialist, Savings & Retirement Admin (Toronto - Winter 2019)
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- City: Toronto
- Job category: Internships and Student Employment
- Job ID: J1018-0389
- Job type: Intern
Company OverviewiA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Reporting to the team leader the Client Relations Specialist (CRS) will provide 1st level contact with customers, agents of Industrial Alliance and administrative staff from our MGA offices.
The key activities are:
Follow up on incomplete transactions submissions- NIGO (not in good order transactions) for new issue/ deposit/ redemption/ change transaction types.
• Contact agents and/or MGA offices for clarification of transaction requests that are unclear or cannot be processed. A thorough explanation must be provided to the recipient to advise why we cannot proceed and what steps must be taken – missing information, etc. to allow us to proceed.
• Clearly document the instruction received for the file- Workflow. Ensuring it is understandable for other staff.
• Answer e-mails from clients, agents and agency staff. E-mail inquiries are varied - basic transaction status requests, to death claim notifications, questions on taxation, notification of errors, responses from prior NIGO follow ups, complaints.
Must meet and strive to exceed turn- around times for e-mail responses to clients.
*Overtime may be asked during busy periods
• Working on a College or University degree (preferably in Business Administration or Finance) and enrolled in a co-op program
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Proficiency with Word and data entry into various computer programs
• Able to demonstrate good time management and work well under pressure with daily deadlines
• Exhibit a positive attitude, professional and has high level of motivation
• Knowledge and/or experience of investment products
• Previous work in an office environment an asset
• Bilingual (French and English) an asset
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.