Co-op Student - Group Client Service/Call Centre (Toronto - Winter 2019)
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- City: Toronto
- Job category: Internships and Student Employment
- Job ID: J1018-0264
- Job type: Intern
Company OverviewiA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Reporting to the Call Centre Supervisor, the student is primarily responsible for providing customer service (to both internal and external clients) by responding to inquiries (including both calls and emails) concerning health and dental claims or matters of an administrative nature.
Other responsibilities include:
• Acquire knowledge of and learn to navigate the TANGO system
• Create or update TANGO logs for all inquiries
• Check voice mail messages throughout the day and respond to them
• Assist the Team Leader in managing complaints and resolving them
• Fax or e-mail forms to insureds who are appealing decisions
• Initiate Stop Payment requests and deliver faxed or mailed documents received to the Claims Department, ensuring that they have been received and update the client regarding the status of their inquiry
• Manage the client inquiry from point of intake to resolution, interacting with Claims, Administration and Group Sales Departments as necessary to achieve a satisfactory and timely outcome for the client
After the training period, the student may be expected to work as early as 7:30am and as late as 8:00 pm. The specific 7.5 hour shift that you are required to work during these hours will rotate on an ongoing basis, regardless of seniority and will be assigned to you in accordance with Industrial Alliances business needs. You must be available for all such rotational shifts. Your availability for all rotational shifts within the hours of operation is a fundamental requirement of your position.
• Currently enrolled in post-secondary education with a co-op program
• Excellent customer service skills
• Work as a team player and independently
• Ability to establish solid interpersonal relationships
• Ability to effectively problem solve
• Excellent computer skills
• Ability to work in a pressure-filled environment
• Bilingual in French and English is an asset
iA Financial Group is committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.