Co-op Student - Business Analyst - Projects and Infrastructure (Toronto - Winter 2019)
- Employer: iA Securities
- City: Toronto
- Job category: Internships and Student Employment
- Job ID: J1018-0222
- Job type: Intern
Company OverviewDo you want to work for an established and growing Canadian company in our Quebec City, Montreal or Toronto offices, or in one of the service points in our extensive Canada-wide network?
iA Securities (iAS) is a brokerage firm which offers equities, bonds and pooled investment funds to institutional and retail clients.
Our network of investment advisors supports and guides clients in their investment decisions. We also offer securities trading consulting and research services with respect to capital markets and institutional financing.
A member of iA Financial Group, iAS is led by an experienced team, driven by a desire to serve our clients with professionalism while conducting business in accordance with the highest industry standards.
The Projects and Infrastructure team is accountable for the management and successful delivery of all iA Securities strategic business initiatives and core business systems, including the development of Fintech platforms.
The Business Analyst (BA) will work closely with the VP, will participate in the design and/or modification of business systems, and will interact with the business stakeholders and subject matter experts in order to understand their problems and needs. The BA will gather, document, and analyze business needs and requirements for development. The BA will also prepare management and executive updates required for governance and decision-making. The successful candidate will also receive career mentorship by the VP.
• Work closely with Director and VP to develop business requirements for critical business systems
• Participate in technology-related and non-technology-related strategic initiatives
• Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
• Construct workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications
• Recommend controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures
• Work with multiple stakeholders at all levels across the organization to identify business problems, analyze them and work through solutions
• Document system requirements for development teams
• Identify project milestones, phases and elements for project management team
• Monitor project progress by tracking activity; publishing progress reports; recommending actions
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Conduct financial, product, market, operational and related research to support strategic and business initiatives
• Participate in the development of business cases for project evaluation
• Develop test cases for quality assurance; participate in testing prior to implementation
• Lead delivery against tight timelines
Qualifications and Skills:
• Enrolled in a business or commerce program (ideally MBA)
• Enrolled in a co-op program (4 or 6 month)
• Strong academic performance - please attach transcripts when applying
• Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills, especially Excel and PowerPoint
• Possesses initiative; a self-starter
• Has excellent time management skills
• Results oriented
• Can handle multiple complex projects simultaneously
• Calm under pressure
• Superior communication skills
• Works well with team and as a sole contributor
• Superior problem solving
• Highly analytical
• Fast progression on learning curve
• Strong judgement skills
• Understanding of wealth management industry an asset
iA Financial Group is committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact me and I will work with you to meet your needs.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.