Rehabilitation Consultant, Group Disability and Life Claims
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- City: Toronto
- Job category: Health and Medical
- Job ID: J0918-1138
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewiA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Under the direction of the Manager of Group Life and Disability, the Rehabilitation Consultant, Occupational Therapist or Other Allied Health Professional provides assistance to IA’s Group Disability department and is responsible for analyzing files and identifying those with good rehabilitation potential.
Specific Job Duties:
• Intervene with insureds to facilitate their access to services and resources that will allow them to reintegrate into the labor market as soon as possible.
• Establish action plans, team with Case Managers and work in partnership with the employer, other resources, the insured and their physician with the mutual goal of returning the insured person to work.
• Complete reports following visits to the insured and the employer and document the claim file regularly.
• Generate statistical reports on the monthly activities of each file.
• Provide oversight to rehabilitation assessments and services performed by external rehabilitation vendors.
• Manage national rehabilitation vendors and provide rehabilitation expertise on a claim by claim basis.
• Develop and monitor Service Agreements for providers.
• Assess the quality of external rehabilitation service providers, their plans and reports to ensure high quality rehabilitation services are provided that are proactive and aimed at a return to gainful employment.
• Monitor and report on outcomes of rehabilitation interventions on a quarterly basis.
• Several years of functional rehabilitation experience (2-3 years experience)
• Sound knowledge of Rehabilitation Industry Standards, Disability Insurance and medical terminology, and Disability and Rehabilitation management best practices
• Very good knowledge and understanding of medical terms, social legislation, insurance law and related legislation
• Good judgment and an ability to deal with complex situations
• Strong analytical skills, ability to organize and plan toward a goal
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Solid Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
• Must have a car for work and be able to travel within the Greater Toronto area (GTA), with occasional travel to the Thunder Bay region
• Related University degree, preference will be given to those candidates with a regulated rehabilitation health professional designation (in good standing with their college), such as a registered Occupational Therapist, or a similar Health Sciences related education
• Accredited Rehabilitation Professional (ARP) and/or Canadian Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CCRC) would be an asset
• Completion of related Insurance Industry courses would be an asset
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize when case loads may be large and complex.
• Excellent interpersonal and conflict management skills
• Ability to make difficult decisions which may have significant impact on claimants and our Business independently
• Proven problem solving skills.
• Strength in working independently and in a cohesive team environment
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to think of creative solutions to rehabilitation problems
• Demonstrated interest toward helping individuals return to productive living and return to gainful employment
iA Financial Group is committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contract your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.