Assistant Director, Individual Savings and Retirement
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- City: Toronto
- Job category: Customer Service and Administrative Support, Leadership and Management
- Job ID: J0918-1010
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewiA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Are you a dynamic and inspiring leader? Customer-oriented and willing to invest in an evolving team? Are you at ease maintaining professional relationships of trust and wish to make a positive difference in client/partner relationships? If this is the case, this position is for you!
Reporting to the Director, the primary responsibilities of the Assistant Director are:
• Coordinating the activities of the Customer Service and Processing Team of the Toronto Service Centre, including the division’s FundServ related transactions
• Participating in the FundServ Segregated Funds Committee and ensures that new features and requirements are supported
• Accountable for maintaining FundServ standards in the processing and payment of transactions
• Ensures that the high standards of service and quality are reached and maintained to meet the needs of the partners, clients and sales teams
• Responsible for creating and developing strong business relationships with our partners and sales teams
• Supports and maintains strategies of the line of business in collaboration with the managers/directors of other service centres.
• Communicates the vision, encourages innovations and mobilizes the team to achieve the objectives arising within.
• Participates in projects to improve customer service and operations quality and efficiency and responsible for the continuous improvement for FundServ processes.
• Supports the direction with the implementation of changes and new projects.
• Responsible for reaching the team’s objectives. Takes on the monitoring and improvement of the management indicators.
• Responsible for the recruitment, coaching and skills development of the team.
• Manifests a positive attitude and a good team spirit and encourages the team to do the same
• Responsible for overseeing the continuous improvement of the team
• Ensures compliance with service standards and the application of established policies and procedures.
• May assist in cases, sensitive or complex, to accompany the Team Leaders to adequately meet the needs of our clients/partners.
• Minimum of 10 years industry experience with a solid knowledge of the investment/wealth management industry
• Minimum of 7 years of management experience
• Bilingualism- English/French is an asset
• Experience in managing a contact centre or client/dealer services is also an asset
• Solid organizational and time-management skills
• Excellent judgment
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• High level of motivation and ability to manage a heavy and fast paced workload
• Knowledge of savings products would also be an asset
iA Financial Group is committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.