Manager, Creditor Insurance and P and C Administration
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- City: Vancouver
- Job category: Customer Service and Administrative Support, Leadership and Management
- Job ID: J0918-0888
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewiA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
If you are an enthusiastic leader committed to the delivery of exceptional service and you work well in a fast-paced environment where change is commonplace, this might be a good fit for you!
Your future role:
Reporting to the director of accounting and administration, you will be responsible for supervising the day-to-day administrative operations for creditor and property & casualty (P&C) products in the Dealer Services Administration Department.
You oversee the overall quality of business administration, client support, as well as systems enhancements and staff management. To succeed in this position, you must have excellent organizational, process improvements and people management skills in order to achieve the department objectives.
1. Business Administration and Client Support
• Prioritize and coordinate with the lead team the workload of the customer service representatives and Administrative clerks.
• Ensure administration service standard levels are consistently met and maintained.
• Promote a knowledge sharing culture by ensuring effective and timely documentation of all administration procedures.
• Lead process improvements in accordance with Lean philosophy.
• Make business decision on administration errors, or issues arising from individual contracts and certificates.
• Resolve complex customer service issues or escalated situations.
• Approve payments within delegated approval authority.
• Maintain and develop departmental KPIs and provide regular updates to senior management.
• Ensure strict adherence to compliance and regulatory risks procedures.
2. Systems enhancement
• Identify and coordinate system functionality enhancements with SAL Systems and SAL Accounting teams. Ensure that changes meet specified functionality requirements.
• Test and provide sign off for modifications made to administration systems.
• Document system functionalities, particularly related to new enhancements affecting administration processes.
3. Staff Management
• Manage a team of +15 customer service representatives and administrative clerks.
• Provide proactive leadership and direction to direct reports, effectively manage their performance, and develop their skills and capabilities to ensure excellence in service to clients and internal stakeholders.
• Leverage the skills of each direct report to foster teamwork and achieve high performance.
• Previous supervisory experience
• Project management experience
• Strong analytical skills and proven ability to solve problem independently.
• Strong interpersonal skills, relationship building skills and supervisory skills.
• Good working knowledge of Word and Excel.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.