- Employer: iA Financial Group
- City: Vancouver
- Job category: Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: J0918-0882
- Job type: Regular part time
Company OverviewiA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Reporting to the Manager, Accounts Receivable, this position is responsible for all aspects of collections activities. reviewing and analyzing dealers and customers ‘accounts to ensure timely collection and reduction of aging AR accounts while maintaining a positive customer experience.
• Manage delinquent accounts and execute appropriate collections strategies to improve collection targets and other receivable KPIs.
• Proactively contact customers and dealers regarding overdue accounts, determine reason for non-payment, negotiate and coordinate timely payment to bring their delinquent accounts current.
• Prepare collections and delinquency metric reports to monitor progress/status of delinquent accounts.
• Respond to enquiries from customers and dealers in regards to their delinquent accounts.
• Communicate frequently with consultants and sales managers and enlist their effort to accelerate collection process.
• Answers incoming calls from customers and dealers in regards to their accounts.
• Initiate debt collections proceedings, interact and ensure regular follow up with the collection agency.
• Analyze aging accounts to determine if they are uncollectable based on past due status, payment history and outcomes of collection effort. Make recommendations to management in regards to doubtful accounts provision and write-off.
• Provide excellent customer service in a professional and courteous environment to ensure exceptional results in the collection of receivables.
• Responsible for continuous improvement activities by developing and implementing efficiencies that will add value to the collection process.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• A minimum of 3 years working in a collections department, preferably in a business to business environment.
• Accounts Receivable knowledge/experience
• Commitment to excellent customer service.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal & analytical skills, with intermediate to advanced Excel knowledge.
• Ability to be tactful, assertive with strong negotiation skills.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.