Claims Examiner - 12-month contract
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- City: Vancouver
- Job category: Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: J0918-0773
- Job type: Temporary full time
Company OverviewiA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Our Claims group is seeking a Claims Examiner. You’ll adjudicate and manage a fluctuating caseload of new and ongoing disability, life and critical illness claims.
You will be assessing claims and making challenging decisions by following policy guidelines which the client may challenge. You enjoy working independently and have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. An interest in medical sciences and some experience in the insurance industry would be an asset.
- a university degree, preferably in Health Science;
- superior critical analysis, and decision making skills, while being time sensitive;
- top notch organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- a customer focused approach and the ability to deal effectively with customers who may be under stress;
- good conflict resolution skills.
We offer a positive, fast-paced work environment, full medical benefits and opportunities for growth.
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone wanting to start a career in the insurance industry.
Achieve success, join iA Financial Group!
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.