Regional Sales Director, AB
- Employer: iA Excellence
- City: Calgary
- Job category: Sales and Business Development
- Job ID: J0918-0365
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewDo you want to work for a growing, dynamic team that encourages continuous improvement, success and team work?
A member of iA Financial Group, iA Excellence has been well-established in Quebec for more than 50 years and is expanding its operations across Canada. We offer a wide range of income protection and medical care insurance products to individuals, businesses and professional associations.
Our mission can be summed up in one word: Satisfaction. We are determined to guarantee the satisfaction of our clients by protecting their lifestyle through individual products adapted to their needs and the satisfaction of our employees by providing challenges and a stimulating work environment.
The core function of the Regional Sales Director is to build and maintain relationships with assigned MGAs (Managing General Agents). In addition, the Regional Sales Director will provide new and existing MGAs, and their Agents, with guidance and educational seminars by discussing working relationships, promoting iA Excellence products (their advantages and features) and ensuring that corporate procedures are understood and followed.
In collaboration with the directors of sales, the incumbent will:
• design, develop, implement and deliver training programs specifically designed for the MGA
• deliver product and other related seminars to MGAs and their Agents
• act as a liaison between the MGAs and the iA Excellence Head Office administrative personnel
• work in close collaboration with the directors of sales to develop a marketing plan for their regions, particularly for the delivery of iA Excellence product and software knowledge to the MGAs
• act as the liaison between the MGAs and the iA Excellence Head Office personnel to facilitate resolution of problems in matters such as contracting, compensation, underwriting and new business
• provide the MGAs with product support and special quotes
• prepare reports on MGA performance
• provide feedback and updates to the iA Excellence management team on operational matters, to ensure the company's continued pre-eminence of the field
• other duties as may be determined from time to time
• bachelor's degree
• 4 to 5 years of relevant experience in insurance industry or a brokerage environment
• highly developed communication and presentation skills
• ability to function well in high pressure situations, with flexibility and diplomacy
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.