Claims Assistant- Group Life and Disability
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- City: Toronto
- Job category: Customer Service and Administrative Support, Health and Medical
- Job ID: J0818-0712
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewiA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
• Conduct telephone interviews to obtain pertinent medical and non-medical information
• Analyze non-complex claims according to procedure
• Process payment in accordance with contract provisions
• Communicate decisions to employees and clients
• Act as a back-up to the Call Centre as required
• Responsible for ensuring Maintenance (permanent) files are updated according to our procedures. This entails requesting authorization and/or medical information from claimant and following up until same is received.
• Follow up on requests sent by Case Manager (medical, CPP, extension forms
• Submitting supplementary information and forms to Service Canada relative to benefits amount; receiving CPP Benefit amount and calculating offset.
• Calculating other benefit offsets or salary revision according to the contract
• Receiving incoming calls from clients related specifically to the above tasks.
• Codes and updates waiver provisions for Life Waiver Stand Alone Claims (to be reviewed after project related to benefit coding)
• Maintain contact and/or policy information in TIDE
• Other duties as they arise.
High School Diploma and 2-3 years of related experience
• Strong Accounting and numeracy skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and synthesis skills
iA Financial Group is committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.