Learning & Development - Designer/Developer
- Employer: iA Securities
- City: Montréal
- Job category: Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Marketing and Communications, Human Resources and Continuous Improvement, Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: J0818-0498
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewDo you want to work for an established and growing Canadian company in our Quebec City, Montreal or Toronto offices, or in one of the service points in our extensive Canada-wide network?
iA Securities (iAS) is a brokerage firm which offers equities, bonds and pooled investment funds to institutional and retail clients.
Our network of investment advisors supports and guides clients in their investment decisions. We also offer securities trading consulting and research services with respect to capital markets and institutional financing.
A member of iA Financial Group, iAS is led by an experienced team, driven by a desire to serve our clients with professionalism while conducting business in accordance with the highest industry standards.
Reporting to the Manager, Business Learning & Support Services, the Learning and Development Designer/Developer will drive engagement and impact through the planning, design and development of clear, engaging and visually compelling solutions that enhance retention and knowledge transfer, and align to brand standards.
The Learning & Development – Designer/Developer is responsible for developing innovative and engaging learning experiences to support client brand training. This includes working collaboratively with SMEs to create learning content using adult learning principles which incorporates mixed media and sound instructional design/development methodologies. The ideal candidate possesses a combination of creative instructional design skills, technical knowledge and is passionate about building best in class learning and implementing new technologies in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
• Design and develop blended learning curricula, job aids, assessment tools that incorporate adult learning principles resulting in personalized and relevant content, knowledge retention, and applied skills that support the end user experience
• Conduct analysis to determine learning and performance objectives and scalable instructional strategies and solutions
• Communicate with ID teams and project manager to define deliverables, project framework, milestones, and ensure content is clear and understandable to the entire production team and clients
• Be adaptable and agile in design and development
• Find the right solution for solving performance problems and learning gaps
• Participate in multiple internal projects varying in size and complexity
• Coordinate, manage and execute all aspects of training development including storyboarding, building and revising training based on client input.
• Establish and maintain relationships with internal team, and streamline multiple content sources for cohesive storytelling and optimal learner retention.
• Design learning activities and tests to assess effectiveness of training solution
• Ensure training content adheres to overall client strategy, as well as technical specifications and brand guidelines.
• 5 years of instructional design experience focused on digital (i.e. eLearning, webinars, interactive PDFs, videos, etc.) and blended learning.
• Demonstrated expertise in effective Instructional Design methodologies
• Impeccable English written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and collaborate in a team environment and meet demanding deadlines
• Intermediate to advanced skills in eLearning tools (Articulate 360 - Storyline 2 or 3), Responsive Design, Audio editing program (i.e. Audacity)
• Experience with graphic design, video, micro-learning, responsive design, gamification, simulations, animation/motion graphics preferred
• High-level attention to detail and accuracy in execution of work and tasks
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline is preferred or equivalent experience
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.