- Employer: iA Financial Group
- City: Vancouver
- Job category: Business Administration, Finance and Accounting
- Job ID: J0818-0403
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewiA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
• Prepare valuation reports for Dealers Services products in collaboration with actuarial department
• Prepare financial reports for various insurance, profit sharing and partnership agreements
• Oversee month-end processes and provide insights into discrepancies and variances to ensure the integrity of balance sheet and income statement accounts
• Liaise with internal and external auditors responding to audit inquiries related to operational accounting functions and processes.
• Direct the preparation and distribution of compensation payments to dealers, reinsurance companies and external partners.
• Work closely with tax department to analyze and address complex tax issues
• Provides support and conducting training on accounting matters
• Prepare reports using both existing and planned formats, queries and methods: including experience reports; expense analysis; and creditor, P&C and ancillary product profitability.
• Prepare financial reports and analysis as required by management and other stakeholders.
• Recommend, develop, and implement new reports, and changes to existing reports, as needed, including recognizing when those changes are required.
• Collaborate with SAL Systems on project development with accounting implications including the development and maintenance of the interface between the administrative systems and the General Ledger for financial reporting purposes.
• Participate in projects as required by management
• University degree in business administration or equivalent.
• A professional accounting designation.
• Four or more years of pertinent accounting experience
• Proficiency to advanced levels with Microsoft Excel, MS Access, and MS Word
• Well-developed analytical and interpersonal skills to enable incumbent to gather, interpret and analyze information and communicate the results of the analysis to internal and external stakeholder.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.