Accounts Receivable Reconciliation Specialist (12-month contract)
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- City: Vancouver
- Job category: Business Administration, Finance and Accounting
- Job ID: J0818-0112
- Job type: Temporary full time
Company OverviewiA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
This position provides financial, analytical and administrative functions to continuously maintain dealer accounts receivable in good standard by ensuring efficient, timely and accurate invoicing and receivable collection of accounts under his or her control. The incumbent works under the direct supervision of the Manager, SAL Administration.
1. AR Receivables management
• Reconcile dealer remittances, correcting data entry errors, invoice dealers for outstanding premiums, return excess premiums where applicable and generate premium confirmation reports.
• Reconcile dealer accounts: where previous outstanding balances exist, determine the history of transactions and include a thorough description of items on the dealer invoice.
• monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities
• research and resolve payment discrepancies
• generate age analysis
• investigate and resolve dealers queries
• process adjustments
• develop a recovery system and initiate collection efforts
• communicate with customers via phone, email, mail
• Maintain dealer accounts in IGO and ensure that our receivables are up-to-date
2. Receivables Collection
• Maintain and review various report for receivables.
• Carry out collection and reporting activities according to specific regions
• Generate and send out invoices.
• Follow up on, collect and allocate payments to clear invoices.
3. Customer Service
• Handle telephone, mail/fax or e-mail inquiries dealers and national sales team pertaining to reconciliation invoices and dealer accounts
• Customers can be both internal and external (e.g. claims, accounting, insured’s, dealers, SAL District Marketing Reps and financial institutions)
• Post secondary education diploma or degree in business administration, plus ideally 3 years related work experience either in an office administration or a accounting environment
• LOMA Associate, or willingness to complete within two years of employment
• knowledge of accounts receivable
• knowledge of office administration and procedures
• knowledge of general bookkeeping procedures
• knowledge of general accounting principals
• proficient in relevant computer software
• knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements
• 1-3 years accounts receivable and general accounting experience
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• High level of attention to detail.
• Highly organized with multi-tasking skills.
• Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel and MS Word.
• Strong team player
• Ability to identify process improvements
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.