Team Leader – Group Contract Administration and Billing
- Employer: iA
- City: Montréal
- Job category: Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Leadership and Management, Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: J0718-1288
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewiA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Reporting to the Group Contract Administration and Billing Coordinator, the candidate provides a high level of service and support to our clients (internal and external) and service staff in order to comply with our quality standards and turnaround times. The candidate makes sure that we maintain an effective management system that allows us to be productive and reach the department’s objectives while meeting our clients’ expectations. The candidate will coordinate the daily activities relating to the administration of group contracts. You will develop your skills in relation to learning about laws, rules and industry practices.
The candidate will be responsible for:
• Managing and coordinating the team’s workflow
• Determining the complexity of the work received to ensure effective and fair allocation among the team members
• Acting as an expert advisor
• Ensuring the team performs at a high level and does quality work to respect turnaround times and our quality standards
• Following up on responses to internal departments, the team and clients and ensuring they have a good understanding
• Providing support to the sales team and clients for personalized service
• Managing service issues and client complaints, and recommending solutions, changes, and technological advances to meet clients’ expectations
• Examining the processes that require improvements or that are defective
• Coordinating ideas for improvements with the team in view of implementing them
• Coordinating the different improvement projects with the team and the various IT teams
• Supporting the team’s coordinator in his/her various projects and with team member performance appraisals
• Managing and approving staff absences day-to-day, in collaboration with the coordinator, to make sure turnaround times are respected
• Ensuring the proper functioning of the team in the coordinator’s absence
• Contributing to and ensuring the development of the team’s resources by identifying training needs with the assistance of specialists, and guaranteeing the quality delivered to clients
• Helping to develop training programs and related documentation
• Proposing ways to improve processes to better serve our clients and reduce costs/delays, thereby increasing productivity
• Providing support to analysts and specialists
• Taking part in special projects (i.e., A3, Kaizen, mission, etc.) as needed, and performing other duties to help achieve the team’s objectives
• Providing assistance and performing tasks to assist other teams as needed.
• University degree in administration or a related field
• Minimum of seven years of work experience in the group insurance industry
• Experience coordinating a team (major asset)
• Excellent general knowledge of group insurance principles
• Technical skills and data entry skills (speed and accuracy)
• Analytical skills and ability to multi-task
• Have a positive attitude and demonstrate professionalism
• Autonomy and organizational skills
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.