WFG National Case Coordinator (15 Month Contract)
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- City: Toronto
- Job category: Actuarial, Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: J0718-1189
- Job type: Temporary full time
Company OverviewiA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
WFG OVERVIEW (Non-Traditional Network)
The WFG Case Coordinator builds and strengthens relationships with the WFG multi-level marketing organization (strong recruiting, sales incentive based enterprise) which operates nationally across the country. WFG Canada business is submitted and serviced through the Toronto Service Centre. There is a big focus on compensation which translates into points for contests and agent promotions to move up to a higher level within the sales marketing hierarchy. The Case Coordinator works directly with all levels within the WFG structure providing case management on all new business received in Toronto office. There is no administration support within the WFG operating model; therefore, the NCC works directly with all agents quickly expediting their business through the process in order for compensation and points to be credited. With turnaround times short, the CC needs to ensure it is always error free. At all times ensure a positive quality service experience from start to finish. By consistently delivering a high level of service, the WFG agent will select IA as their preferred provider (insurer) of choice for future business.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
The National Case Coordinator / Customer Service Representative will answer all enquiries either by phone or email from the WFG field force regarding the administration and underwriting of their cases. Case Coordinator is the direct link with the agent. Therefore, this is an important role ensuring accurate and complete information is communicated to the agent in a friendly and courteous manner at all times. Responsible for handling sensitive situations when the application is missing information, lack of understanding or incorrect which will be frustrating for the agent as may cause delays or an adverse decision in underwriting which would impact directly the agent’s compensation.
Call Centre/Agent Communication & Relationship – External (70%)
Candidate works on a call centre basis directly with agents providing a wide range of sales and administration assistance to many inexperienced agents as well as all types and levels of agents within the multi-level hierarchy.
This role combines pre-and post sales support (how to use tools, product knowledge, and miscellaneous questions). This is handled through the call centre (inbound and outbound calls) and email.
Candidate requires experience in using interface illustration software and other sales tools to often assist the agent with online tools such as E-app, Extranet Document Centre, and Forms etc. Hands on instructions are often provided to the agent in order for the WFG agents to complete a required new illustration which is necessary on rated cases or when incorrect premium not reflected on original illustration submitted.
Ongoing relationship building by strengthening and enhancing rapport with WFG agents and internal territory sales team ensuring a collaborative relationship at all times.
• Explain the underwriting workup to gain the trust from the broker that the best decision was made in the best delays while still preserving the confidentiality of the sensitive information contained in the file
• Handle system’s reports related to incomplete cases
• Follow up on incomplete cases to help avoid commission charge back to the brokers
• Identify areas where service could be improved from inputs from agents
• Provide information and training to the broker to avoid future similar enquiries
• Assign applications/ expert enquiries to the underwriters
• On occasion, challenge the underwriter’s decision
• The CC/CSR will be in contact with service providers to fast forward cases or resolve complaints
Calls represent 70% of the tasks.
Overtime is required during peak periods, campaign cut-offs, promotions.
Administrative Functions, System Reports, Problem Solving, Quality Control, Miscellaneous (30% allocation)
Special handling required for WFG agents under supervision as applications submitted from “under supervision agents” require manual intervention and communication with WFG corporate office to coordinate approval from the supervised agent’s up-line supervisor.
Candidate needs to manage special underwriting report to ensure case does not get closed out after 90 days due to outstanding underwriting requirements. Following up directly is required with agents and service providers for medical requirements as well on delivery of contract requirements.
Prioritizes daily case load and multitask with time sensitive issues as they occur to expedite the business to settlement and payment of compensation.
Not in Good Order (NIGO) follow-up to obtain all pertinent information and speed up the process, Position requires a high level of quality control (zero errors).
From an administrative point of view, the CC/CSR will
• Systems generated underwriting reports for analysis and action
• Agent’s under supervision facilitation
• Prioritizing case load to ensure issuance and settlement of case for compensation/points
• Conducts various transactions related to MIB
• Works with service providers on para-medicals and outstanding doctor’s reports
• Takes control of underwriting tasks to ensure company is off the risk if case is being closed out
• Responsible for wide range of new business administration functions
• Analyzes NIGO situations to determine best approach in resolution
Courteous, diplomatic, good judgement, service oriented, team spirit and a sense of urgency.
WFG NATIONAL CASE COORDINATOR (NCC) will also be responsible for:
Assisting and working with internal sales team and head office (10%)
Liaise with Head Office departments to resolve issues and come up with solutions by facilitating the problem resolution process with the right parties in order to resolve problems and deliver a high level of service to WFG agents
Candidate attends regular team meetings to review procedures and assist in making continuous improvement adjustments for a more efficient process and enhanced positive experience for the agent and the client.
• College or University degree in a related field
• 3-5 years of call centre experience in financial services
• Life insurance knowledge and experience
• Excellent communication and effective problem solving skills
• Stellar customer service and interpersonal skills
• Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills together with strong active listening skills
• Ability to work independently and under pressure
• Ability to negotiate and influence effectively throughout the organization
• Team player with strong work ethic
• Proven ability to take initiative with a high degree of professionalism
• Motivated, enthusiastic, innovative and acceptable to change and continuous improvement
• Excellent technology skills
• Good understanding of accounting principles
• Bilingual (French & English) however all candidates will be considered
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.