- Employer: iA Financial Group
- City: Vancouver
- Job category: Human Resources and Continuous Improvement
- Job ID: J0718-1148
- Job type: Temporary full time
Company OverviewiA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for providing support across a wide range of human resources services. This includes new hire onboarding and orientation, management of employee relations issues, coordination of local events and activities, HR administration, communication and reporting as well as other HR programs and projects as assigned by the HR Manager. In addition, this position will also be involved in answering calls through the HR Client Service Center and is the key contact for employee inquiries.
• Conduct new hire orientation and employee onboarding
• Coordinate employee engagement events and initiatives
• Manage the administration of the disability process and workers compensation claims with employees, providers and payroll
• Generate HR reports
• Coordinate and administer the Employee Education Policy
• Answer calls through the Client Service Center and respond to employee inquiries received through the HR mailbox
• Provide Administrative and Team Support: Manage employee and department filing (electronic and paper-based) / Assist in the coordination of certain pension and benefit programs / Coordinate use of departmental resources (e.g. exam rooms, meeting rooms)
• Coordinate employee communication with the HR team
• Participate in departmental projects as assigned by the Human Resources Manager
• Partner with business line leads to provide advice, guidance and support for all employee relations issues
• Assist managers and employees in the interpretation of HR polices, processes, programs and employment legislation
• Other duties as required
• Post secondary degree or diploma in Human Resources or related discipline
• 1-2 years business experience in a human resources role. Financial industry experience an asset.
• Fluency in French is an asset
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access and Power Point)
• Strong interpersonal skills, problem solver, creative, analytical
• Strong administration skills
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
• Strong ability to clearly communicate objectives and programs, both written and verbally
• Flexible and willing to learn
• Independent and takes initiative
• Tactful and diplomatic
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to work accurately, with attention to detail
• Multi-tasking and project management ability
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.