Communications and Events Administrator
- Employer: iA Securities
- City: Toronto
- Job category: Marketing and Communications
- Job ID: J0718-1116
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewDo you want to work for an established and growing Canadian company in our Quebec City, Montreal or Toronto offices, or in one of the service points in our extensive Canada-wide network?
iA Securities (iAS) is a brokerage firm which offers equities, bonds and pooled investment funds to institutional and retail clients.
Our network of investment advisors supports and guides clients in their investment decisions. We also offer securities trading consulting and research services with respect to capital markets and institutional financing.
A member of iA Financial Group, iAS is led by an experienced team, driven by a desire to serve our clients with professionalism while conducting business in accordance with the highest industry standards.
Reporting to Director, Communications, Training & Events, the Communications & Events Administrator will assist in implementing internal & external communications and event planning strategies. This includes but is not exclusive to: providing operational support in the development and execution of communications and event projects; coordinate appointments and scheduling of events, order catering, registration reporting, processing finances, corporate reception relief, maintaining web content and assisting with onsite event production.
• Provide support and assistance in planning, developing, producing, and delivering communications materials
• Participate in budget development and support budget management
• Use independent judgment to execute communication and event plans
• Prepare written materials including some business communications, reports, and presentation scripts
• Maintain multiple corporate event calendars, including a department project calendar
• Assist in the development and execution of leader communications, including town halls, lunch and learns, announcements, and more
• Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters
• Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary
• Prepare nametags, materials, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
• Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting
• Close out all events as required
• Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process
• Arrange and confirm all department advisor conference calls webcasts
• Post-secondary education with specialization in events/communications/public relations strongly preferred
• 2-3 years post-university work experience in communications/events, internal communications, or related field
• Interest in and passion for effective business communications
• Strong writing ability, and an unmatched attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal skills; a team player who can act as both a leader and an individual contributor as required
• Highly service-oriented with exceptional organizational and follow up skills
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Proficient computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
iA Financial Group is committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact me and I will work with you to meet your needs.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.