Senior Communications Specialist
- Employer: iA Securities
- City: Toronto
- Job category: Marketing and Communications
- Job ID: J0718-0966
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewiA Securities (iAS) is a brokerage firm which offers equities, bonds and pooled investment funds to institutional and retail clients.
Our network of investment advisors supports and guides clients in their investment decisions. We also offer securities trading consulting and research services with respect to capital markets and institutional financing.
A member of iA Financial Group, iAS is led by an experienced team, driven by a desire to serve our clients with professionalism while conducting business in accordance with the highest industry standards.
We’re looking for an experienced and dynamic Senior Communications Specialist to join our growing corporate communications team. This is an exciting opportunity for you to be part of the evolution of our communications function and to support key internal & external clients.
As a senior member of the team, you’ll manage communications strategies and activities, be a critical partner to cross-functional teams across the company, provide strong counsel, smart ideas and execution support, ensuring our leaders and employees are well informed, engaged and contributing to iA Securities’ success.
Our ideal candidate is an excellent communicator with significant experience in the following: internal communications, marketing communications, crisis communications and reputation management. This position is highly visible and in-demand — to be successful you need to be a self-starter, critical thinker, doer, and team player.
What You’ll Do:
• Work closely with the Director, Communications Training & Events in leading the development and execution of internal & external communications strategies for iA Securities
• Provide communications expertise and advice to senior leaders in order to achieve business objectives
• Write and edit clean copy for all corporate communications initiatives
• Roll up your sleeves to manage and deliver all aspects of a number of corporate communication tactics, including employee town halls, annual conferences, video segments, new platform roll out, newsletters, executive speeches, external presentations, intranet articles, all company announcements, and more.
• Act as a guardian of our internal brand standards. This includes managing our internal tone of voice based on the message at play.
• Foster a continuous improvement mindset within the department, by effectively measuring the impact of communication efforts post-implementation and adjusting wherever necessary.
• Contribute to potential crisis communication and reputation management initiatives
• Collaborate with Marketing and Human Resources and other internal stakeholders on key internal priorities to ensure alignment between external and internal brand when communicating with our key audiences
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience, preferably in Communications, Journalism, English or Marketing related discipline required;
• Minimum 7 years (10 preferred) of experience in corporate communications or related discipline as well as minimum 3 years (5 preferred) of experience in digital communications
• Previous experience within the financial services industry, specifically the investment area, a must
• A positive leader who inspires high performance and leads by example
• Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
• Knowledge and experience with HTML, SharePoint and WordPress an asset
• Extensive employee communication experience
• Strong relationship building skills
• Strong business acumen
• Complex project management skills
• Must understand and be experienced in digital strategy and content development
• Must demonstrate understanding of best messages and tactics to use with specific platforms
• Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Attention to detail is critical
• Diplomacy and negotiation skills – the ability to engage at all levels within the organization and collaborate on integrated teams
• Ability to make sound, quick decisions in the absence of information
• French language an asset
iA Financial Group is committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.