Senior Underwriter and Team Leader - Business (Group Underwriting)
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- City: Toronto
- Job category: Actuarial, Business Administration, Finance and Accounting
- Job ID: J0718-0675
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewiA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Reporting to the Manager, Group Underwriting, and subject to the level of authority established by the Director, the incumbent assumes the roles of the Team Leader- Business and that of a Senior Group Underwriter:
Business Team Leader (allocation of duties- 50%)
As the Business team leader, the incumbent will lead projects and support management initiatives related to Business, training and audit:
• Business: in collaboration with the Business Group Underwriting Manager, ensures that tools and underwriting approaches support the Profitable Growth of the Business. Leads, manages and participates to improvements related to the Profitable Growth of the Business
• A participating member of the Business Team
• Training and Audit: leads, manages and participates in the training/audit needs of the underwriting team
• Participates in the appraisal process of Junior and Intermediate Level 1 underwriters
Senior Group Underwriter (allocation of duties- 50%)
The expected result of the incumbent’s main responsibilities is to evaluate as accurately as possible any group risks that has been assigned to them, while providing excellent service to the sales representatives and meeting the corporate objectives and deadlines:
• Oversees the preparation of group insurance quotes, pricing of renewals and requests for modifications,
• Makes sure that the financial agreements are in line with the objectives of the business and that the quote texts reflect our administration and service capabilities
• Participates in renewal presentations with clients (existing or future) or their advisors
• Bachelor of Arts in mathematics, business administration, actuarial or finance or equivalent and over 10 years of related experience
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Personal qualities inherent in the position, including leadership, organization, communication skills, independence and good analytical and synthesizing skills.
iA Financial Group is committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact me and I will work with you to meet your needs.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.