Actuarial Analyst – Business Solutions and Innovation
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- City: Montréal
- Job category: Actuarial
- Job ID: J0718-0215
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewiA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
We are seeking an actuarial analyst to join the Group Insurance Actuarial team. Do you want to work in a field that is constantly evolving and have a tangible impact on business decisions? Join our team of young, professional and energetic actuaries!
Day-to-day, you will have the opportunity to utilize your analytical skills, creativity, teamwork skills, sense of responsibility and actuarial judgment skills. Our openness to innovation will meet your expectations.
Specifically, you will:
• Respond to mutual organizations
• Produce and analyze various surveys and their results
• Calculate the mutualization expense bases for the different types of agreements
• Produce and automate client disability analyses
• Respond to ad hoc requests from Underwriting and Sales
• Calculate and analyze trends
• Develop, modify and optimize various analysis and projection tools
• Review the calculation methods and assumptions applicable to rate bases
• Collaborate with the Corporate Actuarial and Underwriting teams on their respective issues
• Reflect the impact of changes to standards (accounting, actuarial or regulatory) on rate bases
• Explain to the different partners the concepts relating to tools
• Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science
• 1 to 2 years of relevant experience in actuarial science
• At least three SOA exams and a demonstrated interest in completing your studies to obtain FSA/FCIA designation
• Experience in group insurance (asset)
• Advanced English and French (verbal and written)
• Excellent knowledge of Office Suite - Perfect knowledge of Excel
• Ability to work with computer tools and programming skills (spreadsheet programs and database managers)
• Ability to manage priorities and deliver results with ambitious deadlines, analytical skills, spirit of continuous improvement, autonomy, initiative, excellent communication skills and interpersonal relationships
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.