Account Executive SMS
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- City: Toronto
- Job category: Sales and Business Development
- Job ID: J0618-0990
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewiA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Reporting to the Special Markets Solutions (SMS) Regional Manager, the Account Executive, SMS is responsible for the development and maintenance of the special risks portfolio in an assigned territory. This includes the retention and growth of an existing block of business, as well as seeking and developing new opportunities with existing and new brokers/consultants.
• Build relationships with brokers and third party administrators for the company to be the preferred provider. This will require regular on-site visits and assisting brokers/consultants in developing sales opportunities.
• Sustain and develop the existing portfolio of business
• Promote and increase penetration of special risk group insurance products
• Review all policies prior to renewal. Confirm information on file is current and additional sales opportunities exist. Confirm rate is reflective of risk and claims experience.
• Perform sales servicing on new and existing accounts. This includes but is not limited to product explanations, endorsements, claims issues, communications, etc.
• Work in conjunction with other SMS sales staff to provide feedback on issues specific to respective markets, i.e., products, services, support networks, administration issues, etc.
• Confer and utilize head office marketing, administration, actuarial and claims support services.
• In conjunction with the Regional Manager and/or office manager or underwriting supervisor develop rates that reflect risk, are competitive and will not jeopardize profitability.
• Gather all relevant information and prepare quotations.
• Review all policies prior to renewal. Confirm information on fil is current and additional sales opportunities exist. Confirm rate is reflective of risk and claims experience.
Undergraduate degree at an accredited university or college, preferably in Business / Commerce, with a emphasis in marketing.
Willingness to complete within three years CEBS or FLMI (designations)
3 years in special risk or group life and health insurance experience
2 years sales experience
Strong relationship building skills
Strong communication skills
Strong negotiation skills
Ability to manage own work schedule
Ability to work independently
Bi-lingual French and English language skills are an asset
iA Financial Group is committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact me and I will work with you to meet your needs.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.