Equity Research Associate – Power & Utilities
- Employer: iA Securities
- City: Montréal
- Job category: Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: J0618-0741
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewDo you want to work for an established and growing Canadian company in our Quebec City, Montreal or Toronto offices, or in one of the service points in our extensive Canada-wide network?
iA Securities (iAS) is a brokerage firm which offers equities, bonds and pooled investment funds to institutional and retail clients.
Our network of investment advisors supports and guides clients in their investment decisions. We also offer securities trading consulting and research services with respect to capital markets and institutional financing.
A member of iA Financial Group, iAS is led by an experienced team, driven by a desire to serve our clients with professionalism while conducting business in accordance with the highest industry standards.
The equity research associate will assist the analysts in the equity research department in conducting fundamental research on public and private companies in support of producing investment reports, recommendations and financial forecasts. The associate will collect and organize financial, economic and other industry specific data from various sources in order to build and maintain financial models, charts, tables and other outputs necessary for the production of research reports, presentations, and other documents. The associate is will also carry out qualitative research on competitive industry forces, competitive advantages and management teams.
All employees are expected to contribute to general business development at iA Securities, which may require the associate to undertake tasks outside the scope of the research department on occasion.
Summary of key responsibilities
* Work closely with the sector analyst and other associates on the production of research publications and reports.
* Conduct primary research from industry and financial sources.
* Create and maintain company financial models and industry databases.
* Generate tables and graphs.
* Compile and evaluate company and industry data.
* Graduate or undergraduate degree in a related field (Finance, Economics, Accounting).
* Completion of CFA Level 1 (required).
* Previous capital markets or financial analysis experience in equity research, investment banking, or a similar role (1-3 years required).
* Passion for finance, fundamental equity analysis, and capital markets.
* Strong work ethic.
* High attention to detail.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office; advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
* Strong English writing and communication skills. Fluency in French is an asset.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Ability to meet strict deadlines.
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
* Knowledge of Bloomberg, Eikon, Capital IQ (including Excel integration) is an asset.
* Direct knowledge of the Power/Utility/Pipeline/Energy Infrastructure sectors is an asset.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.