- Employer: T.E. Wealth
- City: Calgary
- Job category: Business Administration, Finance and Accounting
- Job ID: J0618-0529
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewFor 40 years, T.E. Wealth has provided individuals, families, businesses, and employees with truly objective financial advice and education. Our fee-based approach to wealth management is centered on providing high net worth individuals with comprehensive guidance rather than promoting financial products. In fact, our founder, Timothy Egan, trademarked the term FEE-ONLY™ to describe the uniquely independent counsel that our clients receive. T.E. Wealth is a national firm with offices across Canada. Through our partner companies, T.E. Financial Consultants Ltd. and T.E. Investment Counsel, clients from coast to coast receive an unsurpassed level of attention, professionalism, and tailored advice.
PURPOSE AND ACCOUNTABILITY
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, the incumbent will assist in developing and implementing financial plans for individuals, corporate executives and professionals. This position will suit someone with a strong interest in financial services and a passion for providing superlative service to clients.
What will I be doing?
The role responsibilities are varied and you’ll need a broad set of skills to be successful. You’ll be providing support to the Senior Consultant by assisting with meeting preparation and completing data entry and completing research tasks. You will be using in-house software and Excel to perform most tasks in relation to the preparation of financial plans for clients. We’ll need you to draft correspondence and meeting agendas, take accurate minutes/notes from client meetings, input tax returns & review notices of assessment, liaise with the CRA (as required) and assist with the assembly of financial plans and tax returns for clients. In addition, you may be required to provide office administration support, as required. There is no sales component to this position.
What will I need to be successful?
You’ll need to have exceptional time management skills. This is a busy role and you’ll need to be efficient as your volume of work may increase unexpectedly depending on the needs of clients. Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) will be essential to your success as you’ll leverage them daily, to be efficient and productive.
• university degree or college diploma, preferably with a finance orientation
• Canadian Securities Course (preferred)
• working towards CFP designation (strongly preferred)
• accounting or taxation knowledge
• knowledge of tax and investment strategies, securities, insurance, pension plans and real estate is a definite asset
• 2-3 years’ experience working in financial services (banking or investments)
• excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• self motivated and organized, with exceptional time management skills
• meticulous in your work approach and output
• ability to work effectively as part of a team, but also able to work independently (with little supervision) to complete tasks and prioritize work
• learning capacity and desire to take on addition additional responsibilities over time
• intermediate skills with Excel, Word and Outlook
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.