Marketing Technician (12-month contract)
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- City: Vancouver
- Job category: Marketing and Communications
- Job ID: J0618-0470
- Job type: Temporary full time
Company OverviewiA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Purpose and Accountability
Reporting to the marketing manager, you’ll be working as part of a 6-person team that exists in our special risk insurance division called Special Markets Solutions. The team is responsible for creating and implementing marketing strategies and tactics with a particular emphasis on Affinity Marketing.
What will I be doing?
You’ll assist in the execution of annual marketing plans and timelines for Affinity groups and select large Employer groups. This will include direct mail campaigns, development of client specific websites, print advertising promotion, point of sale brochures, e-marketing campaigns, e-newsletter advertising and content creation for social media platforms. This position also assists our regional office staff with some of the above marketing plan components.
Ongoing monitoring and analysis of campaign and program results will be required. You’ll be working closely with our internal print services team to co-ordinate the development of product elements (forms, advertising, point of sale material etc.). These will be developed in compliance with divisional, contractual and underwriting standards as well as corporate and divisional printing standards.
In addition, you’ll coordinate the development and placement of ads in conjunction with affinity partners’ advertising schedules. You’ll update content on the Special Market Solutions website – using a content management system – and assist in market research and analysis. You’ll also need to maintain audit records (forms and website development), maintain our snippet content library, coordinate the preparation of our annual report and track cost centres expenses.
• College Marketing Diploma
• 1-2 years in a marketing role with experience in print production, website development, social media, email marketing, direct marketing campaigns
• Experience in marketing or administration of group insurance products is an asset
• Bilingual (English/French) would be an asset
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Detail oriented with strong proofreading skills
• Expertise in Word, Adobe Acrobat and Excel
• Familiarity with content management systems and HTML coding
• Excellent written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work efficiently, with minimal supervision
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.