Associate Portfolio Manager
- Employer: Leon Frazer & Associates
- City: Toronto
- Job category: Business Administration, Finance and Accounting
- Job ID: J0518-1100
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewEstablished in 1939 as one of Canada’s first investment counseling firms, Leon Frazer & Associates has built an enviable track record investing in Canadian companies through periods of war, inflation and market volatility.
With $882 Million Asset Under Management as at March, 31, 2018, and offices in Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver, an experienced portfolio management team, a well-honed and tested investment philosophy and a compelling view of the future of Canadian equity investment, Leon Frazer has established a reputation as one of Canada’s leading authorities on dividend investing. Leon Frazer’s investment professionals manage portfolios for private wealth, retail and institutional investment clients.
The successful candidate will be a member of the portfolio management team responsible for working with our clients and have the ability to directly interact with the investment team. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to broaden their experience of the wealth management business with one of the most respected firms in the industry.
• Member of client facing portfolio management team.
• Directly participate in the ongoing servicing of the firm’s referral partners as part of the firm’s overall growth and retention goals.
• Develop and implement innovative strategies to strengthen and expand relationships with existing referral partners and future referral partners.
• Liaise with the Investment and Marketing teams to strategically position and raise the profile of the Firm internally and externally.
• Participate in the timely and accurate production of monthly and quarterly reporting and communication tools
• Assist in generating quantitative reports to evaluate team's progress against measurable growth and retention objectives.
• Undergraduate Degree (Specialization in Finance an asset)
• Minimum 5 years of experience within the investment management industry
• Completion of CFA program level 1 (with commitment to fully complete the CFA) or CIM designation
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel, (Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters and other investment management systems an asset)
• Strong communication skills – ability to confidently communicate with people at all levels of the organization
• Detail oriented, well organized and problem solving skills necessary
• Motivated individual with a desire to have a career in the investment management industry
iA Financial Group is committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.