Corporate Application Developer
- Employer: Felcom
- City: Toronto
- Job category: Information Technology
- Job ID: J0518-0643
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewCompany Overview
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Reporting to the Manager, IT Development & Application Support, the Corporate Application Developer is part of a core group of technical professionals that are responsible for the entire corporate IT infrastructure, internally developed CRM system, internal Web Applications, mobile applications, and portals. The Corporate Application Developer will be responsible for all client & database design, development and bug-tracking of new and existing applications.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develop, maintain and improve applications by evaluating business needs; analyzing and gathering requirements and developing software systems in accordance with IT standards
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of SDLC processes and be able to adapt to varying conditions unique to ongoing efforts.
• Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, comments and clear concise code.
• Work closely with Business Analysts, Quality Assurance, Product, Marketing and Project Management team members to determine requirements, functionality and ensure high quality deliverables
• Use version control systems effectively, including an understanding of branching and merging
• Utilize defect and enhancement tracking software and processes to identify and resolve application problems before they impact business units
• Review and evaluate capabilities and benefits of existing system and processes and determines if requested change is possible
• Confirm application operation by conducting tests; modifying program logic and performance tuning while guaranteeing quality assurance.
• Introduce new innovations and technologies into existing corporate applications
• Provide training and guidance to fellow team members and users as required
• Assume additional duties as defined
• College or University Degree in an application development related field or related work experience.
• 5+ years’ experience in Application Development.
• Self-motivated, highly organized, go-getter mentality and capable of operating effectively on both independent tasks and group-related projects.
• Proven trouble-shooting skills.
• Good written and oral communication skills, a positive attitude and solid customer service skills are essential.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
• Analytical thinking skills to break down multi-dimensional programming issues from client-side troubleshooting to analyzing networks/servers
• Proven ability to work effectively in an agile/scrum team environment
• Ability to clearly document all application elements
• Good understanding of full software development life cycle
• 5+ years of experience using C# and Microsoft .NET 2.0, 3.5, 4.0 and 4.5 frameworks
• 5+ years of experience working with SQL Server; developing well-tuned, optimally performing queries and stored procedures, including schema design and T-SQL programming.
• Experience with Generics, Collections, Regular Expressions, Delegates, Serialization, Threading and Reflection (experience with a tool such as Sitefinity).
• Extensive experience developing and consuming API’s and Web Services with WCF and Web API technologies
• Experience developing ASP.NET and classic ASP applications.
• Experience with Entity Framework, LINQ and ADO.NET technologies.
• Experience using web development frameworks and APIs such as Bootstrap, Kendo UI or HTML 5 Boilerplate.
• Experience using Reporting Services, Integrations Services and/or Analytical Services.
• Must have extensive experience in developing and troubleshooting application related issues in a Windows Server, Exchange Server, SQL Server and IIS Server environment.
• Familiar with mobile device communications and development methodologies.
• Experience implementing enterprise-scale reporting systems
• Experience with authentication protocols and technologies such as OAUTH, SAML and OpenID Connect a must.
Nice to Have:
• Graphic design skills would be an asset
• Knowledge of the financial/wealth management industry
• Familiarity with Visual Basic, ColdFusion and PHP programming languages.
• Experience in Dundas BI, Tableau, Power BI or other BI tool
• Familiarity with the ASP.NET MVC framework
iA Financial Group is committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.