- Employer: iA Excellence
- City: Montréal
- Job category: Health and Medical, Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: J0518-0274
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewDo you want to work for a growing, dynamic team that encourages continuous improvement, success and team work?
A member of iA Financial Group, iA Excellence has been well-established in Quebec for more than 50 years and is expanding its operations across Canada. We offer a wide range of income protection and medical care insurance products to individuals, businesses and professional associations.
Our mission can be summed up in one word: Satisfaction. We are determined to guarantee the satisfaction of our clients by protecting their lifestyle through individual products adapted to their needs and the satisfaction of our employees by providing challenges and a stimulating work environment.
You value making impactful decisions on a daily basis? You want to be empowered by a passionate team in a challenging environment? You are curious and love to learn something new every day?
At Industrial alliance, you will be part of a team that truly values your opinion. Apply your analytical skills and powers of judgement every day. Join a reputable Québec based company.
Grow through constant challenge and learning opportunities
Effectively manage your caseload of disability claims by meeting or exceeding Company quality and productivity standards.
Contribute to your team success by sharing knowledge and supporting your co-workers.
Reporting to the Manager, Group Life and Disability Claims, the incumbent is responsible for processing short and long-term disability claims in order to determine if the participant is eligible for disability benefits while relying on medical reports deemed necessary as well as related policies and procedures. The case manager must develop a case management plan for every claim.
• Assess disability claims and determine eligibility for benefits via telephone interview while into consideration medical information and contractual provisions, as well as pursuing additional information to make a sound decision;
• Conduct detailed telephone interviews to obtain the pertinent medical and non-medical information which has not already been obtained;
• Develop and execute a case management plan;
• Assess and identify the non medical factors and the functional limitations which are likely to influence the duration of disability and to facilitate the return to work in collaboration with a rehabilitation team;
• Determine the gradual return to work plan in collaboration with the attending physician, participant, and policyholder, as needed;
• Communicate with policy holders, participants, health professionals, other services providers as well as various level of government in writing, by email, telephone, and fax. The Case Manager must also manage difficult calls with dissatisfied and potentially irate callers because of a decision to deny benefits;
• Maintain the participant’s file in the system;
• Commit to providing a high level of service;
• Proactively manages disability claims using all available tools and resources;
• Responsible for all billing of EI (Early Intervention);
• Provides assistance with special projects.
Apply your knowledge and experience in the fields of health care, social sciences or relevant fields.
Have the opportunity to work in a bilingual environment, assisting clients from all over the country.
Use your inquisitive mind, proactive nature and analytical thinking to blossom in this engaging career.
• College diploma (DEC) in, health profession, law, human resources or other related field, and/or 4 to 5 years of pertinent experience;
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
• Well organized individual with strong analytical skills and excellent problem solving abilities;
• Ability to work with multiple time sensitive deadlines;
• Strong customer service skills;
• Thrives in a team environment;
• Bilingual – French and English, Written and Spoken (required);
• LOMA, HIAA, ICA, NIDMAR & CEBS courses an asset
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.