- Employer: iA Financial Group
- City: Montréal
- Job category: Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Legal and Compliance
- Job ID: J0418-1093
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewiA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Launch your career in a new direction and join the multidisciplinary iA Financial Group Internal Audit team!
The Internal Audit sector is seeking an auditor/investigator to perform internal fraud investigations and audits to assess iA Financial Group’s internal controls.
Specifically, you will:
• Perform investigations to establish the fraudulent nature of alleged acts and assess the causes and weaknesses of the controls at the root of the fraud
• Carry out audits by performing tests on internal controls and analyses, leading to recommendations
• Help produce reports at the end of each project
• Work as part of a team to continuously improve internal auditing processes and adopt best practices
• Perform analyses and tests on internal controls making sure that audit work meets quality standards
• Coach less experienced coworkers regarding audit techniques
• Prepare the results of audits to communicate them to management
As a professional, you are recognized for your excellent communication skills. You demonstrate a solid ability to learn new things and adapt to new environments and to innovative methods. You favour an approach focused on collaboration, in line with the values of iA Financial Group.
• Bachelor’s of Business Administration and accounting certification (CPA CA, CPA CGA or CPA CMA)
• Program leading to fraud investigation certification (CPA, CA; EJC or CFE) (asset)
• Minimum of six years of relevant audit experience and relevant investigation experience (asset)
• Must be bilingual and have excellent spoken and written English and French
• Excellent listening and communication skills and ability to influence
• Ability to see the big picture and explain concepts in a simple manner
• Result-oriented and thorough
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.