Director, Disability and Critical Insurance Product Development
- Employer: iA Excellence
- City: Montréal
- Job category: Actuarial, Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Leadership and Management
- Job ID: J0318-1340
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewDo you want to work for a growing, dynamic team that encourages continuous improvement, success and team work?
A member of iA Financial Group, iA Excellence has been well-established in Quebec for more than 50 years and is expanding its operations across Canada. We offer a wide range of income protection and medical care insurance products to individuals, businesses and professional associations.
Our mission can be summed up in one word: Satisfaction. We are determined to guarantee the satisfaction of our clients by protecting their lifestyle through individual products adapted to their needs and the satisfaction of our employees by providing challenges and a stimulating work environment.
The Director is responsible for the design and development of disability and some critical illness insurance products. The Director monitors the market and the competition and recommends appropriate changes to guarantee the competitive positioning of our product lineup while ensuring profitability. The Director is in constant contact with the sales force to better understand the needs of intermediaries and develop products and concepts that adequately meet the expectations of targeted clients.
Summary of duties:
• Identify changes in publications, legislation and tax measures related to insurance to identify the impact on our products
• Help develop the sales tools used by sales staff, including different software, promotional documents and administrative tools
• Ensure required support for sales managers regarding products, methods and training
• Direct marketing research and monitor sales development and the company’s positioning in the market
• Make sure to get the cooperation of all departments involved in the different steps of product development (Legal Services, Taxation, IT, Actuarial Services, etc.)
• Soundly manage the department’s human and material resources to reach objectives
• Bachelor’s degree in administration, finance or actuarial science and seven to eleven years of relevant experience
• FCIA designation
• Experience with and knowledge of individual insurance projects (minimum of two years)
• Experience in managing human resources (minimum of two years)
• Experience in product development and pricing
• Fully bilingual
• Other inherent abilities and skills: leadership, autonomy, creativity, energy, ability to work under pressure, teamwork, communication skills (verbal and written)
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.