Senior Director, Montreal and area (Laval and Brossard)
- Employer: Hollis Insurance Inc.
- City: Montréal
- Job category: Leadership and Management, Sales and Business Development
- Job ID: J0318-0701
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewiA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Are you an energetic leader who focuses on business development? Are you able to establish and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships? Are you passionate about individual insurance and mutual funds? If you answered “yes” to these questions, this position within our Sales team is for you!
Reporting to both the Vice-President of Sales, Investia and the Vice-President of Sales and Development, Hollis Insurance Inc., the Senior Director is responsible for developing the mutual fund and individual insurance sales advisor network. The Senior Director is responsible for supporting business development in the Montreal area, specifically the Laval and Brossard offices. In this capacity, the Senior Director will have a continuing presence for more than 300 advisors and develop action plans to achieve sales objectives. The Senior Director is responsible for recruiting future advisors who want to build their own company in the financial industry. The Senior Director’s mission is to support advisors in their efforts in terms of business development, training and sales.
The Senior Director is also responsible for managing a team of 15 employees, including sales managers, an operations coordinator and administrative staff.
• Bachelor’s degree in administration or related field and 15 years of relevant work experience in financial services
• Excellent knowledge of the insurance and mutual fund sector
• Bilingual (English and French)
• Experience managing a sales team
• Management, leadership and interpersonal skills
• Negotiation, active listening, analytical, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
• Good organizational skills
• Excellent ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a professional context
• Very strong team spirit and ability to encourage collaborative work
• Ability to work under pressure
• Knowledge of the Windows office suite
• Life insurance and group savings licence (asset)
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.