- Employer: Felcom
- City: Toronto
- Job category: Information Technology
- Job ID: J0218-0574
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewA member of the iA Financial Group, Felcom Data Services Inc. provides fund accounting and transfer agency services to investment fund manufacturers. The company was incorporated in 1999 and is based in Toronto, Canada.
Reporting to the VP, Technology - Infrastructure Team, the System Administrator is part of a core group of technical professionals that are responsible for the entire corporate IT infrastructure at iA Wealth.
Roles and Responsibilities:
•Network Administration – support and maintenance
•Administration of the following:
• Microsoft Active Directory and Windows Server.
• Azure & web server.
• VMWare (including deployment).
• Management of enterprise backups and replication processes.
• Keep informed of emerging and developing technologies in IT.
• Support file servers.
• Maintain system efficiency and make recommendations for future upgrades.
• Create and maintain full documentation of all systems, applications configurations.
• Assist with troubleshooting of network problems and monitor network & system performance.
• Provide end-user support for any technical questions, resolution, and support for all operating systems.
• Interact with vendors on an ongoing basis to investigate new equipment and services.
• Assist other team members in the implementation of new and existing solutions.
• Provide backup to other members of Technical Services team.
Special Working Conditions:
• After hours on-call support (as required).
• Occasional travel to branch offices (estimated 1-2 days per quarter).
• Post-secondary education in Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science.
• 5-7 years work experience in IT, including 3 years as a System Administrator, ideally within financial services.
• Experience with Windows Active Directory - understanding of the services provided by Active Directory, including Kerberos and LDAP.
• SAN management and replication related experience.
• Must have hands-on experience with deploying virtualized solutions (VMWare, HyperV).
• Excellent knowledge of backup and recovery process. CommVault experience is an asset.
• Excellent knowledge/familiarity with Exchange, FTP, Web Servers (IIS, Apache)
• Excellent knowledge of DNS (A records, CNAMES, MX records, Authority Section, TTL values).
• Familiarity with a wide variety of network solutions, standards and protocols.
• Cloud services experience (Azure, AWS) or certifications an asset.
• Self-motivated, highly organized, go-getter mentality and capable of operating effectively on both independent tasks and group-related projects.
• Proven trouble-shooting skills.
• Good written and oral communication skills - ability to communicate technical info and ideas so others will understand.
• Positive attitude and solid customer service skills are essential.
• Ability to make appropriate decisions considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions.
• Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities, commitments and projects.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Team player.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.