Senior Business Analyst and Team Leader
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- City: Montréal
- Job category: Actuarial, Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Information Technology
- Job ID: J0218-0516
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewiA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Do you stand out due to your leadership, team spirit and organizational skills? Do you enjoy working in IT and have excellent analytical skills? You can make a difference as senior analyst and team leader for the group insurance business and systems support and improvement process analysts.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
• Organize, supervise and support business analysts, develop analysis and documentation best practices
• Supervise the systems improvement and the bug-fixing process daily, ensure the understanding of all stakeholders, measure the efficiency of the process using indicators and improve it as needed
• Organize, lead and facilitate the system improvement request prioritization committee
• Design and help develop various work tools (verification grids, follow-up spreadsheets, visual elements, etc.) for his/her team and for stakeholders in the improvement process
• Evaluate the performance of personnel under his/her responsibility
• Support business units in understanding and improving their business processes, particularly with respect to the interactions between business rules and systems
• Support and develop ideas for continuous improvement using Lean tools that are recognized and used within the company
• Facilitate communication between the IT side and the business side
• Support and, as needed, train expert users in each business unit
• Promote a high level of customer service and maintain effective communication with all group insurance business units
• University degree in administration, financial services, computer science or another relevant field
• Six to eight years of relevant work experience, including one to three years in a management role
• Knowledge of the scrum/Agile methodology (asset)
• Knowledge of group insurance products and processes (asset)
• Must be bilingual
• Leadership, team work, positive attitude
• Must have analytical and decision-making skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Customer-service oriented
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.