Administrative Support Clerk
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- City: Vancouver
- Job category: Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: J0118-0397
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewiA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Purpose and Accountability
The position is based in our creditor insurance division called Dealer Services (a.k.a iA-SAL) this position reports into the manager of creditor and warranty administration. Dealer Services creditor business is on paper certificates which requires manual entry into our Group Credit system. You’ll determine whether the client is already on our system and maintain existing client records.
What will I be doing?
In addition to maintaining existing client records, you’ll flag any existing clients who are over-insured or have claims history and review the customer’s certificate history so that full and complete details can be compiled. You’ll need to flag certificates that do not calculate correctly so they can be followed up, by our customer service representatives. With regards to any cancellations of certificates, you’ll need to record the certificate producer’s name and number and client information on the cancellation request. We’ll need you to help us investigate missing or unclear information so the cancellation can be processed efficiently and you’ll distribute cancellations for processing by our customer service representatives.
We’ll also need you to help us prepare documents for imaging including creating bar-code pages for any documents that do not have a bar-code page automatically generated by the system. There is a mailroom component to this role and we’ll need you to separate the warranty mail from the creditor mail and re-direct non-related mail. Daily cash deposit processing is rotated through the administration team and the process includes enter entering all cheques into the group credit system and preparing, verifying and submitting the deposit to accounting before the daily deadline.
• high school graduation certificate
• 1-2 years’ data entry and general office experience
• the ability to work independently with minimal supervision while contributing to the overall success of the Creditor team
• fast and highly accurate data entry skills, along with basic Excel skills
• the ability to work under pressure
• research and investigation skills
• self-motivating and a strong team player
• bilingual (English/French) would be a strong asset
• flexible and adaptable to role changes, as a result of evolving business needs
iA Financial Group adheres to an equal access employment program and encourages women, aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities to apply.