Plan members can now choose a new way to transmit claims!
Healthcare providers across Canada can now use TELUS Health’s eClaims web portal to submit patient claims directly from their offices to Industrial Alliance. The new option is available for physiotherapists, chiropractors and vision care specialists, as well as acupuncturists, massage therapists and naturopathic doctors regulated by the appropriate provincial or federal organizations.
Advantages for plan members
- Claims processing is quick and easy
- Plan members only have to pay the portion not covered by their insurance
- Paperwork is minimized as everything is done online
Industrial Alliance’s Investigative services team monitors all electronic claims, detects abnormal transactions and rejects ineligible claims. To detect inappropriate transactions, electronic claims are reviewed according to the following key parameters:
- Random audit
- The system randomly selects a percentage of claims that will require verification.
- Time limit following the date of service
- The system includes a time limit for submitting claims.
- Amount limit
- The system includes transaction limits by benefits (for example, vision care). When a limit is exceeded, verification may be required.
- The system does a behaviour analysis of healthcare providers and plan members.
To find out more about the eClaims service for healthcare providers, please visit www.inalco.com/fasttrack.
If we have your email address on file, you will shortly receive a promotional email to introduce your plan members to the eClaims service for healthcare providers. If not, you can contact your Industrial Alliance group service representative, and we will gladly forward you the email.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter, please contact your benefits advisor or your Industrial Alliance group account executive.