First choice for a second opinion
On May 1, 2012, Industrial Alliance will introduce the first Canadian-based medical second opinion consultation service: Medical Second Opinion. Upon identification of a serious medical condition, plan members may quickly obtain second opinions from leading medical specialists at the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC).
This service will replace the Best Doctors service effective May 1, 2012
Benefits to plan members
- Reduces waiting time for a medical second opinion with medical specialists
- Reduces stress by validating an original diagnosis and/or providing treatment options
- Reduces (or avoids) travel in order to gain access to a specialist for a medical second opinion
- May lead to better treatment options, preventing unnecessary surgery or invasive, highrisk treatment
Benefits to employers
- Reduces time lost at work as a result of employees coordinating their own care
- Reduces stress-related leaves of absence
- Promotes better productivity as a result of faster turnaround times for second opinions, less stress and more peace of mind
- Shows you are a caring employer
If you are interested in having the Medical Second Opinion service, please contact your benefits advisor or Industrial Alliance group account executive. A brochure for plan administrators and a fold-out flyer for plan members are available upon request.
If you already have the Best Doctors service, please note that from May 1st, 2012, your plan members may reach Medical Second Opinion by calling 1 855 422 4622.