In the Event of a Postal Strike
In case of a strike, the Industrial Alliance Group Insurance division would like to minimize any postal delays or disruptions for you and your plan members.
Here are a few easy solutions:
- You may contact us by telephone, email and fax.
Dedicated and experienced resources are ready to answer your questions. Call us tollfree
across Canada. Our phone system will allow you to easily reach our various
Telephone : 1 877 IA-ANGUS (1 877 422-6487)
- If you or your members are expecting documents by mail (for instance claim reimbursements, member access letters, benefit cards, billing statements, etc.), we can arrange for all documents to be sent to your office using a courier service once a week for the duration of the strike.
- If you need to send us information, you can do so by fax or email to the appropriate department mentioned above. Please note that confidential information (for example claims or direct deposit forms of disability benefit) should only be sent to us by fax or courier service.
- If you don’t already receive your billing statements electronically and would like to make the switch, please call us and we will help you set it up. Note that premium payments are due on the first of each month. Your monthly payments can be received quickly and easily by choosing one of our electronic methods:
Fax: 1 877 392-6487
Fax: 1 888 780-3486
Fax: 1 877 799-6691
Toronto and Vancouver
Fax: 1 877 781 1583
Fax: 1 855 884-9811
Fax : 1 877 780-7247
InternetYou can make payments over the Internet through most large financial institutions using the following procedure:
- Register for the Internet payment service with your banking institution.
- Go to your institution’s website and choose Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc. from the list of payees.
- When you make your payment, enter the reference number in the space provided. Your personal reference number is composed of the prefix “GR”, followed by 10 digits that make up your policy and your account number.
To use this payment method, you must obtain the enrolment form from your Industrial Alliance group account executive.
Please remember to:
- Fill out the form
- Indicate your policy number
- Send the form with a scan of a void cheque by fax
This is a great opportunity to encourage your plan members to enrol in direct deposit and enotification of health and dental claims. With both services, claim reimbursements are deposited directly into their bank account and they are immediately notified by email when their claims are processed. To learn more on how to set up this option for your plan members, give us a call.
Plan members can also enrol in direct deposit of disability. All they need to do is:
- Go to www.inalco.com
- Go to Group Products and Services/Group Insurance/Member Services and To Download Forms
- Select Direct Deposit of Disability Benefits form
- Print the form, fill it out and send it to us with a scan of a void cheque by fax
For more information, please contact your Industrial Alliance group account executive or benefits advisor.