Improvement to Connection Trip Cancellation Insurance
To better meet the needs of our clients, we made a change to our Connection trip cancellation insurance. Starting November 1, 2010, Connection will cover up to $5,000 in expenses when unforeseen circumstances lead to the cancellation or interruption of a trip at least 400 km from the insured person’s residence for a stay of at least two consecutive nights. Previously, insured persons were only covered if they were travelling outside their province of residence.
Here are a few examples of expenses that Connection covers:
- Cancellation before departure:
- The prepaid, non-refundable portion of travel expenses and certain additional expenses incurred.
- The additional cost of a one-way, economy fare return ticket to the point of departure.
- The unused, non-refundable portion of expenses for any prepaid travel arrangements.
- Living expenses for accommodations and meals.
- The additional cost of a one-way, economy fare ticket to the scheduled destination.
Wordings to reflect the change will be added to your group policy. In addition, the new wordings will be included in the employee booklets when reprints occur.
For more information about Connection, please contact your benefits advisor or your Industrial Alliance group account executive.