Quality Assurance Analyst
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- City: Vancouver
- Job category:
- Job ID: J1017-0180
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewiA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
iA Financial Group is looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst to work on challenging projects of various scales related to new solutions development, maintenance and improvements. In a corporate projects context, you'll have to implement and monitor the process of QA in different team projects.
What will I be doing?
You’ll work with business analysts and systems analysts in converting requirements and design documents into a set of testing cases and scripts. In addition, you’ll organise, direct and coordinate the activities of project testing. You’ll be responsible for designing and implementing policies and procedures related to the lifecycle of software to optimise the efficiency, performance and the quality of software.
You will also be responsible for:
• preparing testing strategies
• the implementation of tests (infrastructure setup and maintenance)
• ensuring the smooth running of testing (functional, integrated and acceptance)
• reporting on tests; producing indicators of testing progress whilst tracking anomalies
• bachelor's degree in computer science or other related field
• 5 years experience in Information Technology (minimum), including 3 years of significant experience in the testing of computer development projects
• expertise in testing strategy, testing processes and writing custom automation tests
• previous experience implementing a testing process in collaboration with the Project Management Office (PMO)
• previous experience in a Lean/continuous improvement environment, would be an asset
• results-oriented, with the ability to work autonomously with initiative and as part of a wider team
• excellent communication skills, to ensure effective communication between the PMO and resources
• knowledge of WebDriver and WebElement, would be an asset
• bilingual (English/French), would be an asset
iA Financial Group adheres to an equal access employment program and encourages women, aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities to apply.