IT Security Manager
- Employer: iA Clarington Investments
- City: Toronto
- Job category: Information Technology
- Job ID: J0717-0921
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewWe are iA Clarington
And we will be invested in you
As one of Canada’s leading investment management companies, iA Clarington brings clarity, integrity and commitment to a complicated global investment landscape. We believe passionately in the value of active management, the investment products we deliver, and the importance of maintaining unwavering attention to both the big picture and the smallest details. Home to a number of highly respected portfolio management teams, together, we earn the trust of advisors and investors by bringing diverse investment views forward through our broad selection of offerings.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc. - Canada’s fourth-largest life and health insurance company - iA Clarington offers a wide range of investment products, including actively managed mutual funds, managed portfolio solutions and socially responsible investments.
Reporting to the VP, Information Systems & Technology, the IT Security Manager is responsible for protecting the organization’s computers, networks and data against all internal & external threats including security breaches, computer viruses and/or attacks by cyber-criminal.
- Assess the organization’s security measures, such as firewalls, anti-virus software and passwords, to identify any weak points that might make information systems vulnerable to attack.
- Coordinate the testing of security measures and ensuring that recommendations are implemented.
- Prioritize security coverage to ensure that strategically important data, such as commercial information or personal data, receives the highest levels of protection.
- Develop policies that encourage secure working and protect the company’s data.
- Responsible for the oversight of policies & procedure adherence related to security risks and measures. Provide regular reporting to senior management to clarify deficiencies or concerns.
- Assign employees and managers different levels of access to company data based on seniority and job function.
- Provide training for employees, explain security risks and utilize best practices, such as using strong passwords and protecting data with mobile devices outside the office.
- Coordinate recovery/security event simulations.
- Set up procedures and automated processes to monitor the status of computers and networks.
- Investigate & coordinate teams to any security alerts & or unusual behaviour.
- Analyze reports generated by the monitoring system to identify trends that might indicate a future risk.
- Prepare security related documentation and ensure that documentation standards exist and are enforced within the IT group.
5) Project Management
- Manage the 3-yr IT Security road map.
- Coordinate with SMEs within the infrastructure, IT Support, and Development on all security initiatives.
- Produce regular reporting to the VP, IS & T.
- 8-10 years xperience as an IT Security Manager along with completion of post-secondary education in Computer Science, Networking, or a related field. CISSP required.
- Strong background in information technology with a clear understanding of the challenges of information security.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify and fix security risks.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills used to build understanding and awareness of security issues throughout the organization.
- Strong teamwork skills to develop security solutions in collaboration with other IT professionals.
- Knowledge of global security considerations and awareness of different regulations and requirements.
iA Financial Group adheres to an equal access employment program and encourages women, aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities to apply.