Director of Sales, Investment Division (AB)
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- City: Calgary
- Job category: Sales and Business Development
- Job ID: J0617-0845
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewiA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
The incumbent will be responsible for promoting the sale of investment products to our managing general agent (MGA) network and their Advisors. They will provide training and on-going support to the MGAs and their offices. The incumbent will be required to develop relationships with Advisors and increase sales in all investment products. The product portfolio will consist of segregated fund investments held in RRSP, TFSA, RRIF, LIRA, LIF, RESP and unregistered funds, including annuities and GICs. The incumbent will have experience in selling investment products, and positioning them effectively to maximize sales.
Developing the profile of iA Financial Group (iA) in the region will be an important aspect of this role. It will be critical to develop new relationships within the MGA network/insurance Advisor community. We're looking for someone who has a proven track record of strengthening existing relationships with insurance Advisors and ensuring that the growth and profitability objectives of the assigned territory are consistently achieved.
The incumbent will:
• be responsible for the supervision of MGAs
• make sales calls to Advisors at MGAs to ensure successful sales of iA investment products
• provide educational training, seminars, presentations and support to MGAs and their Advisors to maintain and increase sales
• suggest and implement measures necessary to ensure quality control of the business sold by agencies
• review and assess sales targets on a weekly basis to identify opportunities and potential risks
• develop and lead the execution of the regional sales strategy (in collaboration with the Regional VP, Sales, Investment Division)
• coordinate activities with the Inside Sales Associate - monitor and report results
• promote the iA brand within the region, identify opportunities to build brand recognition regionally (in collaboration with the Regional VP and the Investment Team)
• assist with the planning and execution of regional events for Advisors
• comply with corporate business objectives, policies, procedures, practices, etc.
• propose relationship building activities
• provide strategic input into product development, administration, and regional client service
• conduct competitive intelligence by gathering information on competitor products, and activities
• provide after-sale service
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in the insurance industry or a brokerage environment
• investment experience – knowledge of TFSA, RRSP, RESP, LIRA, RRIF, LIF, Unregistered Accounts
• knowledge of different investment styles and portfolio design
• established relationships in the Advisor community (preferred)
• highly developed communications and presentation skills
• ability to function well in pressure situations, flexibility and diplomacy
• demonstrated ability to develop new relationships
• focus on new business development
• strong analytical skills
• self-starter who accepts ownership and accountability for results
• highly motivated
Must be flexible and able to travel for business opportunities throughout Alberta.
iA Financial Group adheres to an equal access employment program and encourages women, aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities to apply.